2 nights and 2 days in Lima, Peru
08.12.2012 - 10.12.2012 -20 °C
Just a quick update..everything going well so far. Flights to Lima were very non eventful, was so knackered from the last week organising I slept for most of them. Just had time Saturday evening to grab dinner and my first caipirinha cocktail yuuuum. Took the bus into the city on Sunday to explore the sights and did a bike tour this morning.
Loving so far:
- Lima locals, super friendly and helpful and incredibly patient when trying to understand my pigeon Spanish
- Being approached but not harassed by the taxi men in Lima airport
- Francis the legend hostel owner in Miraflores who spent 30mins going through the whos who and whats what of Lima
- Excellent bike tour
- Eating a local dish, Ceviche, which consists mainly of raw fish and not getting sick
- Being asked by a local if all Irish have red hair..Lesley Bell where are you when I need you!
- Local tipple Pisco Sour, buenisimo!
Not so in love with:
- Cars CONSTANTLY beeping for no apparent reason
- Having essentially a curfew because Lima is not a place to walk around alone after 9PM (even the locals warned me)
- My shockingly poor Spanish
Flying to Quito, Ecuador tonight to catch my Galapogos cruise in the morning dahhhling. See a pic below for my home for the next few days...travelling is tough..;-)
Will post again after the cruise
Lots of love
Few more pics below
Who needs Coca Cola when you have Inca Kola!!
View from San Cristobal
Candles at San Cristobal